Financial Policy And Information
• Patients with no insurance coverage are expected to pay at the time services are rendered.
• It is the responsibility of the patient to present their current insurance cards and a photo ID such as a driver's license, military ID, or government issued ID at the time services are rendered for your initial visit. For all subsequent visits the patient will be responsible for presenting their current insurance cards.
• It is the responsibility of the patient to confirm prior to their appointment that their physician is listed as a participating provider by their insurance company. Not all our physicians participate with all insurance plans.
• For contracted insurances the patient is responsible for any deductibles, co-insurance or co-payment amounts at the time services are rendered.
• All non-covered expenses are the responsibility of the patient. To find out what your insurance plan covers or what your financial obligation may be, we suggest that you call the member services department of your insurance company (the phone numbers are on your insurance card).
• Arizona Community Physicians will file a claim to the insurance company provided by the patient at the time of service. If the insurance denies a claim to patient responsibility, for any reason, the balance will be forwarded to the patient as their responsibility and appear on their next monthly statement.
• For most insurances if no response is received within 60 days of the day the claim is sent, the balance becomes the patient’s responsibility.
• Arizona Community Physicians participates with Medicare and Medicare Railroad. Medicare will reimburse services at 80% of all Medicare allowable charges. The patient is responsible for 20% of the Medicare allowable charges as well as an annual Medicare Part B deductible. There are some services that are not covered by Medicare, such as routine services. These non-covered services are the patient’s responsibility to pay.
• Secondary insurance balances are billed to your secondary insurance as a courtesy. If the secondary insurance does not respond within 60 days the balance will become the patient’s responsibility.
NON-CONTRACTED INSURANCE PLANS
• Arizona Community Physicians will file a claim, as a courtesy, to non-contracted insurance plans. If the insurance plan administrator does not respond within 45 days to the request for payment or denies payment, all outstanding balances will be forwarded to the patient for payment. Arizona Community Physicians will send a monthly billing statement showing the balance and terms of payments. Arizona Community Physicians is under no obligation to take contractual adjustments on charges to non-contracted insurance plans.
• Inadvertent billing errors may occur; we do our best to correct problems as quickly as they are brought to our attention. If you feel there is a billing error on your account, please contact one of our Customer Service Representatives at 520-795-4783.
• A patient’s health information is kept confidential by Arizona Community Physicians. All health information collected is kept in a personal and confidential medical record. Health information is shared only with parties for the stated purpose contained in the signed patient release.
MEDICAL RECORDS RELEASE
• Failure to sign a medical record release for information necessary to process insurance claims, for service rendered in good faith by Arizona Community Physicians, will necessitate the transfer of financial responsibility to the patient. All patient balances are subject to the Arizona Community Physicians financial policies and procedures for collection action.
• A statement will be sent to the patient once a balance becomes patient responsibility and will continue every 30 days thereafter. If payment is not received the account will go through our internal collection process initially and then may be referred to an outside collection agency.
For further questions please contact us at:
Arizona Community Physicians
Central Billing Office
5055 E. Broadway Blvd Suite A-100
Tucson, Arizona 85711
>>Return to Previous Page
© 2007 - Arizona Community Physicians